Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day Two, Week One: The belly of the beast.

I'm on Day Two, Week One of the Couch to 5K, and hot is an understatement. Also?  We don't have air conditioning, so I present to you, Exhibit A: our indoor/outdoor temperature thermostat:

That's 85.8 inside the house, 82 outside.  While that's not really that high of a number, do recall that unlike places like Arizona or New Mexico, we don't have any of that fabled "dry heat" here in Wisconsin.  We have wet heat.  Wet.  Hot.  Humid.  And it was after dark when I went for my run tonight - those are our nighttime temperatures.  Daytime would have been absolutely horrid.

But the bottom line is this:  I did it.  It wasn't much easier, but I did it.  I kept with it, even though the weather was against me.

Ahh.  Victory.  Now to repeat this pattern for the next nine weeks and beyond.
mbj

1 comment:

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

You go, girl! I'm impressed. I hate the dry heat here in Colorado. I would die in wet, humid heat. Blech. Keep up the good work! :D