Thursday, June 24, 2010

Prunes are the new black.

Thanks to a faulty HVAC system in our neglected building, work has suspended the dress code and declared casual week while we enjoy our midwest heat wave.  After a happy jaunt to the mall last night I am rockin' a new pair of pants that just exude casual.  A pair of cute sandals and a great pedicure and I'm feeling pretty saucy today.

Except for that spot on my brand new pants.  Prunes.  I'm wearing prunes.

I fed Jack a puree of prunes this morning, and he made such a mess of himself that I had to bathe him before I went to work.  It didn't even occur to me that he may have shared the love.

I can work with this, though.  It's no big deal.  You haven't heard?  Prunes are the new black this season, and I look good wearing them.


mbj

No comments: