Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekly Miss/Won't Miss

Blog Note: About once a week I'm going to take the time to post a short list of things that I'll miss, and things I won't miss, about my son's current stage of development. Every age presents its own challenges, but today's challenges are tomorrow's fond memories, and I just don't want to miss a moment.

Jack is nine weeks old.

I'll miss the randomness of his smiles. In a few weeks he'll have a few words, a few faces or a few sounds that I know will trigger that gorgeous smile of his. But right now I'm not quite certain what will bring on his gummy little grin. Right now it feels like playing a little lottery - when I win, I get the sweet, sweet prize of a beautiful baby smile, but winning is far from a sure thing. I'll miss that.

I won't miss this in-between size that he is right now. He busts out of his newborn sized outfits like an angry Incredible Hulk, yet some of his 0-3 outfits are still oversized. I like my little man to be a sharp dresser, and this in-between period is making it difficult for him to look smooth.

No comments: